Thursday, October 14, 2010

Caution-Rant Ahead.



Somedays I feel that I should be surrounded by caution tape. For the rants are coming and I can feel them. Maybe I should try some type of bondage and just wrap caution tape around myself and warn people to just stay away. It would be easy if we could do that here and there. It is easy on BloggerVille, just put it in your title and people will probably read it! Put it around yourself and people would probably come just to snoop and see what the caution is. Either way, I guess it doesn't matter, people are going to look, peek, snoop, nose around, because it is like a trainwreck. We have to see what we aren't supposed to look at.

I just feel like ranting today and my topic of the day, Hypocrites.

hypocrite [ˈhɪpəkrɪt]


n

a person who pretends to be what he is not

[from Old French ipocrite, via Late Latin, from Greek hupokritēs one who plays a part, from hupokrinein to feign, from krinein to judge]


People who use this lifestyle, this way of life, or whatever your label is, as an excuse. Yes, they use it as an excuse. An excuse to be something they are not, nor could they ever be. They use it as an excuse to con people into believing they are something they could never be. Because they need validation, or perhaps to just use to with the guise of getting kink. I know that sounds cynical, but it does grow weary with this lovely thing we have, the internet.

Anyone can be a dominant, a submissive, or master, slave, anyone can be whatever they want to be. I believe those traits are inherent, natural, not self-professed, not labeled, not because I want to get in your pants, and I found out what you need, so therefore I will pretend to be something you want/need.

And I have seen this for many years, and grow worse every year. The predators out there, the wannabes, the posers, the people who posture. And I wonder, why, why, why? Why not just tell someone you want to practice kink, why not just tell people that you are not sure what you are, maybe you are searching to find out, and in all honesty, not quite sure. I guess I will never understand the concepts behind those type of lies. Maybe they are truly deluding themselves, into thinking they are something they are not.

And I can see that if one is younger and less experienced, but some of these people have been "practicing" this same bullshit for years. The same stories over and over, I am master/obey, I am slave/submit. I have heard the same excuses for years and years, and could probably write a 1000 page book on them. Being a widow, belonging to some forums, you hear A LOT of excuses!

Whatever happened to the art of conversation, communicating, getting to know someone and asking tons of questions with upfront answers. I mean I can say I don't like lists per se, but I have them. And I don't mind sharing them with people. I just don't list things I have tried and might not like, but might try again if the circumstances are right on them. But I do put my hardcore limits on them, and I do put what I will tolerate and what I will not. I am open to discussions. I am open to conversations. I am open to communication.

What I am not up to, is wasting my time. What I am not up to is trying to get money out of me. What I am not up to are lies upon lies and finding out the truth through other people. Or finding it out on my own. What I am not up to is, people not being who they say they are. Because if you tell me you are something, I am going to hold you to it.

Yes, I know this has been going on for ages, but it seems more prominent since the internet, and as I said grows and grows more and more every year.

Am I cynical, you bet your sweet ass.

Am I jaded, sure am.

Am I still out there trying to find faith in humanity, yep, every day.

Life goes on..............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After that, I feel the best I can say is AMEN, sista! You keep on girlie

Laurie said...

I always have, and hope to for a long time!