Saturday, March 12, 2011

Are we captured in time?


"Does age poison us, or do we poison age?" ~Astrid Aladua~ 

I had an interesting conversation with someone yesterday. It was about age and growing older. It was about turning 53 in a month and feeling that perhaps age has poisoned me. It is about reading on the forums that I belong to, why do middle-aged men seem to pick younger women for the most part. It is that we reach a point in our lives that perhaps we have gained too much experience? It is about that people thrive on youth, and we have forgotten to have that same excitement when we were younger, because of our age and our experience?

Do I feel 52? Yes some days I do, and some days I don't. But what I do feel is that when people "hear" your age and the years I have been in the lifestyle, they are in awe, but many think that you might be "too" old to be of any use. What an oxymoron in so many ways. Some people want to use that experience, by listening, by learning, but when it comes right down to it, do they want to take it upon themselves to take an older mature person on in the ways of ownership. Or do they want a brand new and shiny, that they can mold and shape to their likes and their dislikes.

Can a person be too old to shape and mold to someones desire? Is there anything left? I think so yes, but that is just my humble opinion. Do we reach a stage of burn-out, due to the age, or the poisons of that age? Or perhaps due to other people's take on the age limitations? There is even a group on Fetlife for people over 50! Which is nice to know that, at least we have an old-age home on there too. Somewhere stuffed away as not to bother the youngsters.

Do I sound cynical? Yes, a little. Why? Because I find it funny when someone of say the ripe age of 18, 19, 20, or 20's, try to tell me how to live life. Try to give me advice.  I have lived this lifestyle longer than they have been alive, and I truly do not believe I will learn anything from them. Don't get me wrong, there have been times I have, but for the most part, I have to sit back and smile, wondering where they get their information from. An online venue that may or may not have the right information. I learned my lifestyle before there was an "online". I learned at the feet of men.


I did not put my likes or dislikes in some neat little check boxes. I did not sit there and wonder if I belonged in a group that allowed power exchange, master/slave, dominant/submissive, Gorean, or anything else. I learned at the feet of men. The titles were simple, master/slave. I did not have to learn to write like this, W/we are going to see T/them. I did not learn how to mark off if I am hetero-flexible, bi, straight or master/dom/slave/sub/undecided. I did not have some self-professed man at the ripe age of 21 telling me he was a master, even tho he lived in his mother's house and did not work.

I did not have some young girl of 19 tell me she was a slave because she followed the rituals of her master online, because he said so. They may never meet because he can't leave his wife of 20 years, and has 3 kids but he is 55 and loves her. And hopes to spend the rest of his life with his "slave". I did not learn under a "woman" who is young enough to be my daughter. I learned at the feet of men.

I did not have some man who claimed to be a master but yet has no income, and preys on women, online. Putting up ads that he is looking for a "live in slave", when in reality he should put is looking for, "someone to support me" But I am master hear me growl.  I did not have someone tell me that I do not belong to their group because I do not believe in their every single whim and ways. I learned at the feet of men.

My experience comes from life, I have learned a lot in those years, but what I have learned most in regards to this way of life. I still can be molded, I still can be shaped, and guided, and commanded. At the feet of a man. A man who knows how to master, and is not afraid of that.

So has age poisoned me, sometimes yes, and sometimes no.

And have I poisoned age, you bet I have.

Life goes on.......

2 comments:

Palamino said...

AMEN! I soooo wish I could find that right now. You hit it dead on. I have found all of those want a be men, and not many 'man'! They have gotten terribly good at compartmentalizing. They want you in their 'play' compartment, but no desire to be a component of your life. I loved this post. Thanks for giving me hope. There has to be real men, like their are real women like us out here. We persevere....

Laurie said...

We sure do Palamino! We have to, it is our nature, searching and seeking and knowing that they exist out there. We may have to kiss a lot of frogs and we find a lot of toads, but we have to keep on moving and never giving up that hope that they do exist!
It is why we do what we do!