Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Expecting.......


"It is said that the present is pregnant with the future."
~Voltaire~


I was cleaning the house and my thoughts were running wild as I was going through boxes and boxes of paperwork. Trying to find one elusive paper that I needed and started thinking of the present.

You know the cliche, live one day at a time, and wondered how can we truly do that, when in the back of our minds, we always, always try to plan somewhat for our future.

If not plan, we dream of it.

And the quote came to mind. How true that is, that the present is pregnant with the future, and it is! Sometimes so laden that it is a heavy burden to carry, worrying about how to pay the bills, worrying if you can make it through one more day, into the next. But not always negative, sometimes we plan for a trip, we plan to meet someone new, we plan on finding that one that can make our heart soar.

And that is when our dreams become to be. If we are lonely, we think about finding someone to take away that loneliness. If we are happy, we think about where that happiness will take us. If we are sad, we think about how to make that sadness go away. We are expecting......

I think it would be wrong to say that we never expected anything from our future, because we do.

I know I do. I am carrying my present into my future everyday, my business, my family, my life is always striving to become a better tomorrow. I expect things from my present, that hopefully are born into my future.

I also know that many live the credo, one day at a time, and that is absolutely wonderful for many things, but if we have no expectations on our future, where do our dreams go.

I have to hold onto that. I need that in my life, for that is what helps me get out of bed everyday. That is what helps me do some of the things I have to do in life. To expect, be expecting of my present with the future in mind.

I know that I talk in cliches sometimes, but this is what helps me look at things in a different perspective. I think that is why I like quotes, they help me to say things that have so much meaning, but few words. And I can put one to almost every aspect of my life.

And this one fits, I am pregnant with the present that I am carrying into the future.

I am expecting, many great things for my future.

I have to.....

Life goes on............

No comments: